The biggest lie

By dumb - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I found out that I was held back in preschool because of some developmental issues. My parents didn't think it was important enough to mention it to me. Why hadn't I figured it out? They also lied to me about how old I was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 883
You deserved it 4 676

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch. At least you're a year closer to being able to go out drinking.

Turnabout is fair play. I suggest slipping lots of drugs into their drinks so they fall into a coma and don't wake up for years and then tell them it was only a few days.

Comments

Well if it took you this long, they must have a point. ;)

AntiChrist7 0

fake. You never had a look on your ID or other official documents?

swooshq 0

Maybe they aren't old enough to need an ID or...to care about official documents

If they lied to you about you age and got away with it for so long, what else could they have lied about? Are you sure you are a girl? Hmmmmmm?

ksunnyv1011 0

Hey atleast now you know. But it really sucks.

katiesofresh 0

have you never looked at the date of birth on your driver's license? they can't exactly lie about when you were born to the government if the right date of birth is on your birth certificate

iSmellNice 2

Maybe the OP is too young for a driver's license?

"No no no, you're supposed to color INSIDE the lines. That's it, we're holding you back."

No teacher, parents friend or RELATIVE ever sent you a card that specifically said your age on it? "Happy 10th Birthday" for example? Also, when you go to the doctor's office they ask for your birthday, you can't lie to them. Even when I had to go to the doctor's office with my parents I stood by them while they checked me in. Seems slightly unbelievable to me that your entire family would also be in on this.

Exactly! The school, doctor's offices, dentist offices, and all kinds of things like that have her official records so if she is ever with her parents and they ask for her date of birth they can't lie and it just be okay. This is a weird FML. There are just so many opportunities for her to be corrected when she starts telling people the wrong information.

mercilessadi 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You're stupid and I hope you have one of the worst FYL's ever.