The biggest lie

By dumb - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I found out that I was held back in preschool because of some developmental issues. My parents didn't think it was important enough to mention it to me. Why hadn't I figured it out? They also lied to me about how old I was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 883
You deserved it 4 676

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch. At least you're a year closer to being able to go out drinking.

Turnabout is fair play. I suggest slipping lots of drugs into their drinks so they fall into a coma and don't wake up for years and then tell them it was only a few days.

Comments

aww, how cute, you're retarded! :)

This is from Everybody Loves Raymond..

I've never seen my passport, I'm fourteen years old, and I've had passports since I was a month old. I've never needed one for a school trip or whatever. My dad always renewed my passport..

I could understand her not knowing. I never needed my birth certifcate until I turned 14 and wanted a job. The only reason I'd looked at it before hand was to know my *time* of birth. I barely glanced at the date. Maybe her parents told them that they lost it. I had a bf once who's parent's told him exactly that and that if he needed it, he'd have to call Chicago and get it (we live in NY). As for family members sending her cards with her age on them, no one in my family knows how old anyone else is. I get asked all the time how old my various cousins, my brother, and myself are. They honestly haven't the faintest idea. Her family might have no idea how old she is and only ever sent her generic "Happy birthday!" cards. It's totally possible.

baderpader 0

jesus christ how stupid are you? and how big of assholes are your parents god damn?!?

paper_flowers 0

No big deal about being held back in preschool, but it's terrible that they lied to you about your age.

This story is bs. So much trouble just to coverup that she stayed an extra year of preschool? I am sure their family, and family friends wouldn't have noticed that she was 5 (or whatever the age would be) two years in a row. The parents would have to be prepared to potentially lie to doctors, schools etc., people and places that may already have the correct info. ...You'd have to leave your family doctor and find a different clinic, change school districts, move out of your neighborhood because the kid that lives nextdoor is the same age and you usually have a joint birthday party... It is impossible to say that this could never happen to anyone, it just didn't happen to this person. This is just another over-the-top fml story.

cxal_fml 0

and you didn't realize every year on the first day of school when you had to fill out your birthdate that the year didn't match up to your age? You are in the US, so you would have been required to have an accurate birth certificate on file to go to school, and would have been called into the office if you wrote down the wrong year

usmcwifey0321 0

were u not reading other comments..its possible...parents could have faked a new birth certificate filling in the correct year..and use that certifacate in schools..so the poster wouldnt be using the wrong year....i agree this is an unlikely story but it is possible..

quiddity 0

Her parents could have just lied about the month she was born in. Summer/fall babies can be a grade higher or lower without anyone asking questions, so if they adjusted her birthday by a few months, no one would know that she was held back. It's still a hard-to-believe FML, though. But if it's real...your life sucks.

sdianey11 5

i failed preschool too :] but thats horrible that your parents never told you that and that they lied to you about you age