By idiot - 24/01/2013 19:53 - Australia - Newcastle

Today, I took a swig of lemonade from my cup, only to feel something hard in my mouth. Thinking it was a roach or something, I freaked out and spat out the drink. I doused my laptop and soaked myself in the process, only to find out it was a small ice-cube. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 563
You deserved it 40 290

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sillydeadperson 17

Jesus, I hope the computer's alright (or not expensive). Why would you think it was a roach if you didn't feel any legs or squirming?

I completely understand your reaction. Most men don't like hard things near their mouths. Wait, what?

Comments

n_epic_fail 14

Am I the only one who looks at what I'm about to ingest?...

I giggled at " something hard in my mouth "

If your first thought is roach, you should clean your environment.

To everyone saying OP's house must be dirty, you must not live in the south. Roaches are an unfortunate fact of life here. I don't really see any in the winter, but I've also lived in Hawaii, which also has a lot of roaches, and year-round warm weather also means year-round roach weather. You can keep a clean house and still see the occasional roach. Of course, it's probably a lot worse if your house IS dirty. Just saying, depending on where you live, your house doesn't have to be a dump to have unwelcome six-legged visitors.

sarah17xx_fml 10

The texture of an ice cube not remotely similar to a roach at all. Why'd a roach be your first thought?

rockbandaddict85 22

wow! one may have to wonder how filthy the place was where you were for your mind to instantly jump to cockroach?? I hate bugs too but there is a huge difference between ice and cockroach.

rockbandaddict85 22

how stoned or inebriated were you that you forgot there was ice in your drink???

Wait..what? I'm assuming you poured your own drink, which meant you must have known there was ice in it! Also ick, have you had a cockroach climb into your drink before? I live in Australia too, I know its summer and there are cockroaches about but I'm use mortein on the corners/edges of the rooms and I do not have this problem. Even if you did have a cockroach here and there, if it's getting to the stage where there is a possibility of them invading your drink there is something wrong.