By mlowy - 09/05/2014 05:35 - Azerbaijan - Baku

Today, my computer crashed and lost all of its data while I was making a back up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 151
You deserved it 4 167

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That has got to be one of the worst feelings ever. Did you throw the monitor to the ground?

Comments

yid for not backing up your stuff more often. If you had enough time to make stuff of value, then you had plenty of opportunity to save it to more than 1 place.

Firstly, Drop Box. Drop Box and it's kin are SO your friend. Really. They're a total game changer. Secondly, as it's been said, the odds are although the Software on your computer may be borked your *data* is probably safe. One of your more tech Savvy folks can probably pull the drive, and get your data. Unless, of course, your hard drive is physically damaged. If the drive is damaged, you're looking at a couple of grand.....

Computers and Miracle Whip - both products of Satan...

1dvs_bstd 41

Been there, lost most of the contacts on my phone. Every ******* thing! FYL

Macherni 5

Then how are you posting on this site, liar?

As most have said, your data is probably still there so I hope you haven't done anything too drastic before posting on FML. At worst your backup software may have borked the partition table as the computer died and any decent file recovery program should be able to retrieve your stuff for you. I use file scavenger (which you need to pay for before it becomes useful) but there's probably some reasonable free ones out there.

Pro-tip: any data that has been saved on the hard drive disk (HDD) is not lost until it's overwritten, even if it's deleted.