By bestnameright - 10/12/2012 03:53 - United States - Washington

Today, I sent in an assignment from my batshit insane teacher. The assignment was to read a poem, analyze it, and make a comic of its plot. This would've been fine if the teacher who assigned it to me didn't teach math. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 578
You deserved it 2 061

bestnameright tells us more.

Actually when I told my humanities teacher about the project I learned that my math teacher has a degree in literature or something. 0_0

Top comments

Teacher made the decision to change majors kind of late.

Sounds like you could do with a better teacher. Teacher's and their "innovation of new ways of learning", huh?

Comments

Asians aren't magically smarter than other races, so they probably use mnemonics just as much as everyone else... And the ones who fit the "smart Asian" stereotype probably use them even more, hence the good grades.

my heart is a fraction, dividing it up is a total distraction, math is not my true path, but English really is I hope you can soon see this...my attempt at a math poem

i don't know why u were all bitchy on my comment, asians may not be smarter but its Indians who are flooding your countries to do jobs which you are incapable of such as in IT or NASA or even some shitty jobs in the middle east.

That actually sounds like an amazing assignment! Much better than any maths assignment as well.

Not gonna lie, that would be a pretty amazing math assignment to do

48- don't let it get to you. I believe you didn't know because of the difference in education system, perhaps. There's nothing wrong with not knowing. But I think it's rude to generalize and assume people are incapable. Amazing people who do well are those who put in more effort than others, not those from specific races.

Sounds strange, but my statistics professor gave us 50 extra credit if we could recite from memory the poem Uriel. He's from Turkey and it was the first English poem he memorized.

You guys are all ******* idiots. They were making a joke about sin, co-sin and tangent. The abbreviation is Soh--Cah-Toa, as in Sin(Opposite-Hypotonuse) Co-sin(Adjacent-Hypotonuse) Tangent(Opposite-Adjacent). This has nothing to do with nationality or race. This thread definitely made my brain cells commit mass suicide.