By leilei - 30/11/2010 00:25 - Philippines

Today, I refused to ride with a friend on a motorcycle because it is unsafe and went to take the bus. As I got off the bus, I got hit by a speeding motorcycle and ended up in hospital. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 440
You deserved it 5 749

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

MrsLender_fml 3

Aw, you must have hit your head hard since you ended up "in hospital." Feel better!

"in hospital" is correct, just not commonly used in America.

life without risk = boring. ****, you only live once, might as well do some fun ass shit before ya die don't ya think?

Flammin8 0

thats the defenition of "shit happens". hope the injuries aren't too severe.

look at few FMLs back and you understand why driving a motorcycle is dangerous, even when you're a competent driver... "Today, I was speeding a little on the highway. I thought I saw a police car, so I slammed on my brakes, causing the person behind me to rear end me. The "police car" I saw was just a broken down car on the side of the road. FML" I love riding two wheeled vehicles, and I would really like a motorcycle, but I don't think I am willing to risk being so unprotected with such people on the road with me...

What the **** does that have to do with riding a motorcycle? There's just as much risk of injuring yourself in a car accident as there is in a bike. The person behind the guy slamming their breaks on shouldn't have been so damn close they couldn't react. Think reasonably rather than believing the scared hype around motorcycles.

yet being in a car accident is less serious than a motorcycle accident. you could get bounced around in the car, have maybe one broken bone and whiplash, yet on a motorcycle, you could skid across pavement, get potentially ran over, and obtain more serious injuries.

TheDrifter 23

Or you could simply use the three feet between the idiot and the other lane to swerve around him. It's a lot easier to avoid most accidents on a motorcycle. In Canada (not sure about the rest of the world) motorcycles average less than half the accidents per kilometer driven and fewer fatalities per accident than automobiles. Perhaps we just have fewer idiots riding than driving, but there is a lot to be said for the handling advantages of motorcycles.

tooGee24 0

I'm guessing that was ur friend lol

How do you get "hit" by a motorcycle? I can understand a cars wider front preventing you from going completely under most times, but dont a lot of motorcycles have less shielded of a tire that is essentially meant to grip and naturally pull things under it? I cant see the mechanics of someone getting hit by a motorcycle and just bouncing off the front.. Maybe Im just taking things way too literally or dont know what Im talking about.