By Badday - 23/11/2017 19:00

Today, I received a call from a company attempting to steal me away. Flattered, I told them I liked my job and the answer was no. When I told my boss, he said they're thinking about laying me off and I should've taken the job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 511
You deserved it 392

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, call them back! There's probably still time to take the job.

exileonmainst 16

I hear that the charity ”Rally to support genocide” are looking for new people to hire.

Comments

Well, call them back! There's probably still time to take the job.

exileonmainst 16

I hear that the charity ”Rally to support genocide” are looking for new people to hire.

Today is a day to be with family and a day to rest and pig out I guess he don’t value his family why he wants you to work today

Some people have no choice. Some places make it a "first come first serve" deal when asking for holidays off. Also nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities and hospitals are a few places where workers need to be. They can't just close those places so their employees can be with family. Plus tomorrow is Black Friday, stores need to prepare.

Dwight: Where does it say that he's working Thanksgiving Day? "Today" refers to whatever day the event happened. These submitted FMLs have to first be judged/ approved by a big group of moderators(?) before being posted. That doesn't happen in an hour or two.

Why would you tell your boss? Are you one of these bitches that revels in telling their boyfriend/husband about the other guys that hit on you?

"Bitches?!" Who hurt you?! You really reached for that conclusion without stretching, must hurt. HAHA!

Lobby_Bee 17

I think you can call them back and tell them you reconsidered their offer. I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a shot. Sure beats being jobless and going through the motion to find a new one.

You probably shouldn't have told your boss this, but call them back and say you've reconsidered.

I guess they wanted to steal you away because you look good in their corporate colours and you're good at rescuing their customers from bags of pinecones.

Always take interviews even as practice even and especially if you love your job. Then when you are gonna be hired then tell your boss and see if they want to fight for you. In the future.