Rites of passage

By Anonymous - 29/03/2022 10:00 - United States - Morganville

Today, I had to console a crying teenage boy, who'd realized he had been set up for a prank date at the restaurant I work at. All I could think about was how I used to set boys up on prank dates when I was his age. I had no idea how damaging it actually was on the receiving end, and now I can't stop hating myself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 235
You deserved it 2 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

On the one hand, I think we've all done pretty stupid things back when we were teenagers. On the other hand, can someone explain what's fun about making someone believe you like them and humiliating them? I can hardly see anything but sheer dickishness in such behavior (I originally wanted to use the word "cruelty", but I feel like considering current real world events, we should spare that word for specific individuals who truly deserve it). Then again, at the very least it's good you finally realized OP, better late than never, and some people wouldn't have even cared, so congrats for at least having become a decent human being!

Honestly, you’re getting no sympathy from me. I can at least understand a catty teenage b-word thinking it’s funny; I cannot comprehend a grown woman starting to rethink that only after physically seeing a kid cry.

Comments

On the one hand, I think we've all done pretty stupid things back when we were teenagers. On the other hand, can someone explain what's fun about making someone believe you like them and humiliating them? I can hardly see anything but sheer dickishness in such behavior (I originally wanted to use the word "cruelty", but I feel like considering current real world events, we should spare that word for specific individuals who truly deserve it). Then again, at the very least it's good you finally realized OP, better late than never, and some people wouldn't have even cared, so congrats for at least having become a decent human being!

Amandapetrova 13

Honestly, you’re getting no sympathy from me. I can at least understand a catty teenage b-word thinking it’s funny; I cannot comprehend a grown woman starting to rethink that only after physically seeing a kid cry.

kitten79TX 5

Wow. Why would anyone do such a cruel thing. You seriously should find the guys you did that to and apologize. SMH.

You can't make up for your past abuse, but you can get some redemption by dating ugly guys now. Hello!

YOU'RE BACK! HUZZAH! I had to stop some random guy from making your kind of jokes a few days ago.

Don't worry you not all by yourself there are tons of heartless people that do same thing. Maybe you can reach out and stop the cycle.

Ghosting someone on a date doesn't seem like a "prank" though now I'm struggling to come up with a good date prank idea...

This revelation should have been way sooner. But not everyone gets that chance, to know sooner. Now you do know. And you can pass it on to your kids or the young people you might have in your life. Don't just use this moment for self loathing, do something with it.

Xatraris 38

You can feel bad now, however, I'm still jaded as an adult and still consider people like you a bitch. This type of shit sticks with you. And especially doing this to a depressed teen can lead to self harm and suicide. We begin to think there's something wrong with us and begin to feel like we aren't worth being around on this earth for anyone. Something needs to change because there's too many people committing suicide over bullying. I'm happy you changed now, but that really leaves a mark on the others you did it to.

don't feel bad, you're the one who still works at a restaurant lmao

You would have realized this long before now had you ever taken a moment to think how you would feel in their position. ydi 100%