Wise kid

By Anonymous - 23/11/2020 17:02

Today, I had to give my four year-old daughter some tough love, which I hate doing. When she ran away crying, my son, her twin brother, looked at me and said, "You should be ashamed of yourself." FML
I agree, your life sucks 930
You deserved it 422

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tough love doesn't always mean a smack.

emerald_galaxy 3

Comments

You need to open up a can of whoop-ass on him!

emerald_galaxy 3

Sounds like he needs some tough love. I would recommend the ol' "5 across the eyes". Or if you are looking for a permanent solution to your misbehavior problems, there's always the "Dragon kick". Misbehavior seldom recurs after just one application.

If you can discipline without slaps, that would be the better option.

emerald_galaxy 3

On the bright side it sounds like someone is raising your son right.

coius 23

That’s where you explain to the twin, there’s always consequences in the world when you don’t do what you are supposed to do, or get into trouble. He should make note of what she did wrong, so as not to repeat the mistake. I’m all for spanking, under a certain age, and I don’t mean a beating, but an explanation needs to come with it. Once the child can understand what consequences are and can perceive what you say, you switch to time outs. I heard 1 minute for each year alive. But spankings should stop before age of 5. And they don’t need to hurt. A simple light swat on a diaper (which is padded and usually not painful) can get the message across without it being abuse. But use this as a teaching moment for both.