By Anonymous - 12/12/2016 06:33

Today, my father told me that it wasn't that I was written out of his will, it's that he never thought to include me in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 730
You deserved it 549

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh, that sucks, OP! But I wouldn't worry too much. If you were planning on killing him to get his stuff, you clearly have no problem breaking the law and could just steal it while he's alive.

"I'll keep that in mind when I'm picking out a nursing home for you"

Comments

Oh, that sucks, OP! But I wouldn't worry too much. If you were planning on killing him to get his stuff, you clearly have no problem breaking the law and could just steal it while he's alive.

I was thinking more along the lines of killing the father then the family.. but I guess yours works too

"I'll keep that in mind when I'm picking out a nursing home for you"

Why are you even talking about this stuff? It's creepy.

I can't tell which is worse, to not think of you or to deliberately inform you that he didn't care to think of you...but, regardless, your father sounds subpar, and I'm sorry he said that to you, OP

Definitely to deliberately inform you is worse because he obviously did think of OP, but still didn't care enough to have him in his will

cootiequeen4444 11

I'm curious to how this conversation came about. I'd gather a somewhat logical reason to not have someone like their own dang child in their will is due to having no relationship with the child for their entire or at least a vast majority of their life. so I'm not sure how one would find out from such a parent while they were still alive or from any post dad dying dedctions.. unless OP has a penchant for ouija boards.... The other thought I had is that perhaps OP'S dad is a total asshat for some reason or another, the could or could not be related to OP in some way or another. IDK. It seems to a cruddy situation no matter what the realities were however, is all I can really conclude. having a parent child relation that is less than stellar to nonexistent is very unfortunate. and being a child who feels (or knows) their parent doesn't really think or care about them sound awful as well... E-Hugs for OP!

My parents have discussed their wills with me, as has my grandma. Sometimes it's an important conversation to have so everyone is aware of what will happen in the event their death, so there's no surprises after such a traumatic experience, or decrease the chance of fighting, which can include the fact that some people will get nothing. Although, unless you have no relationship with the child, or they've always been on a bad, destructive path, that's a pretty dick move to not include or think of them.

Vote me down, but it is his choice. Maybe she wasn't the best kid, who knows. Being in someone's will is earned, not just given. Only person in my 'will' is my real brother but that's because we are close.

Brutal, he didn't even attempt to sugar-coat it