By Anonymous - 21/01/2011 22:50 - United States

Today, my boyfriend's mother who lives with us decided that since I work from home, it would be a good idea for her to stay home and keep me company. "Keeping me company" includes ordering me to make her food, gossiping non stop, and ridiculing me for not being the woman that she always saw her son marrying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 944
You deserved it 3 622

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Talk to your boyfriend about it. You don't have to put up with that. If he doesn't believe his beloved mother would act like that just hide a video camera somewhere.

Well, that sucks. MILs are a bitch. Stand up for yourself if your work is that important.

Comments

Well, that sucks. MILs are a bitch. Stand up for yourself if your work is that important.

Its ok MILs tend to evolve to MILFs sooner or later and she'll be out in no time.

So op! gain 400 lbs and become invisible! then you'll be about what she expected for her son, that even his imagination coulldnt get good women! ahh nevermind! he's aight if he could get you(; just be glad he loves you and is willing to be with you! oh and your work from home job oughtta already be in da kitchen, so quit bitchin and make me a sammich, hoe! just kidding(: this comments all over the place I thinkk

honeybee366 0

why would you ever agree to her living with you two?! YDI

Lifes_a_bust 0

Actually, it could have been "two" as well, if 2 meant the couple.

IHeartJimi02 0

No , it's "you two" as in the two of you- OP and her hubby. 1+1=2!

badbe 0

Ydi for living with your inlaw

Talk to your boyfriend about it. You don't have to put up with that. If he doesn't believe his beloved mother would act like that just hide a video camera somewhere.

And potentially see things you never thought you would/never wanted to see. ;)

That too :D Maybe some blackmail material!

actually... it's always a bad idea to tell him you don't like her or complain in any way!!!! even if he says bad things about her doesn't mean you can!! that's his mama and he wouldn't live with her if he thought she was that bad.

It's definitely ok and a good idea to talk to him about it. My mom told me her rules of dealing with my MIL. Don't complain to her or be mean to her, instead talk to him and have him talk to her. Otherwise you're the bitch.

11 - Sometimes he wouldn't have a choice about whether he lives with her or not. Now, OP and her boyfriend don't sound like they're a young couple. But if this was a similar situation in which OP and her boyfriend were still in the late-teenage/early-twenties stage, it's not always possible to move out. It's a perfectly fine idea to mention to her boyfriend that she doesn't like something his mother does. No one is perfect and if she did something to offend the OP, of course she shouldn't have to suck it up. Why should she? It can't be changed if it's not put out there.

ViolentBears 0

Sounds like it's time to 'cut a bitch'. :) Your mother in law needs to learn some respect.

JaymeKristeen 0

Oh Hell Naww, threaten to kick her out! Or make her pay for the sandwiches you make her..

UpsidedownKayak 9

Dump him! Leave him, it just isn't worth it. Never mind me considering that you may actually love him, just run! Ok, now that I've gotten that out. You need to have a serious talk with your boyfriend's mother about setting personal boundaries and that you are not her servant. The major issue that I see is respect, or a lack of it. This really is a you or her situation, not for your boyfriend but for you. You will either earn her respect or you will be driven out of the relationship.

ArmedcrackerR6 8

Tell that bitch what's up. Treat her as the child make her get a job or get out lmao

if you live with your partner it's never a good idea to bring anyone else to live with you guys unless they're your kids or someone you really need to care for

mintcar 9

Don't allow her to treat you like that. Talk to your boyfriend about the situation.