By Lucachoo - 21/10/2016 05:16

Today, my boyfriend presented me with a 30-minute montage video of him working out and flexing his muscles as my anniversary gift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 650
You deserved it 1 987

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Return the favour by sending him a 30 minute video of you putting on makeup or combing your hair. It's only polite.

Comments

dextrementor 24

But, overconfidence is arrogance, annoying, and obnoxious.

Should have told you would have had sex with him but that montage was so hot you already came

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You realize you were only receiving negative votes because your opinion didn't match the majority? The downvotes are typically reserved for comments that don't relate to the situation. All that aside, why is it OK for women to fill their phones and facebook walls with these ego stroking, compliment fishing vain ass selfies, but a man can't be proud of shaping himself into something he can stand to look at in the mirror for more than ten seconds? Granted it's not the most romantic gift, but If my wife made me an anniversary video of her showing off her body, strictly for my viewing pleasure, I sure as hell wouldn't run straight to the computer and cry about it so a bunch of total strangers can coddle you and tell you how awful your life must be. Damn.

It doesn't really relate. Also, people find it annoying and stupid when women do it too. Even so, posting pictures to Facebook or keeping them on your phone is very different from giving them as a thoughtless gift. And people are agreeing with the OP because it's a thoughtless gift that they obviously don't like. Not everyone would want a HALF HOUR video just of someone posing. Some people might, but it's the same as how not everyone watches ****. To a lot of people it's just a boring video of boring people doing boring things. If you've been with someone long enough to have an anniversary, you probably know them well enough to know if they'd like a video of yourself. It's thoughtless and selfish otherwise.

It's one thing to post pictures of yourself to social media; it's another to create a montage of you exercising and posing and consider it a gift. If he's short on funds, there are low-cost gifts he can do that have more meaning than this exercise in narcissism.

Appreciate the effort he is making for you :p thirty minutes is a lot :'D

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

People who say this always amaze me with their level of ignorance. While it's true that no one has to give their significant other a gift for an anniversary, the point is that if you're going to, you should at least care enough to give something your S/O would actually enjoy. Giving them a random gift, or something they don't like, is as bad as - or worse than - not giving them anything. It tells them you don't have enough consideration for them or their interests to put in more effort, and that leaves them thinking maybe you don't really care enough to know them as a person. It's not just about the concept of getting something. It's about the meaning behind the gesture.

species4872 19

#17 Agreed. A gift is an expression of how much you care. Not everyone's idea of whether a gift is good or not differs. Not giving a gift, especially if one is received, is bad form.

Exactly, #19. The entire point of giving a gift is to show the recipient that you care about them. Giving a thoughtless gift is like saying, "here, I felt like giving you a thing. Doesn't matter to me if you like it or not."

I love you LyricaSilvan. Forever and always, I love you!!!

Shadowvoid 33

Well I hope you can be flexible and tell him what he could have done for a present that would work out better.

Either he's really into himself or he's trying to tell you something about yourself. I'm truly on the fence about this.

dietcoke09 25

You're his biggest fan! I think it's really cute. My boyfriend wouldn't even make me a 5 minute video lol

I'd rather my bf just came to the gym with me, and it seems like the kind of video you'd give someone any other day :P

Perhaps it's a mating display? Some boys can be quite un-evolved...

Actually, it's quite an involved thing to do, good luck getting an amoeba to put together a video montage.

most of us learn better 'round about level 16.

*evolved, autocorrect got the better of me.

That's really sexist and quite childish of you

It's a ******* joke guys, calm down. And no it's not sexist. Girls mature at a faster rate than guys, that's a fact.