By Anonymous - 18/04/2013 23:08 - United States - Oceanside

Today, I told the guy I've liked since we were children that I'm madly in love with him. He replied with, "Aw, I love you too, as a sister." I was speechless. He patted me on the back and said, "Better luck next time." FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 039
You deserved it 6 573

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

"Better luck next time" You dear, just dodged a bullet. A childhood friend sayin' that, isn't worth your time if you ask me...

LuckBeNimble 19

at least he was honest. sounds like a solid foundation between friends, especially considering the position she put him in. deciding a life-long friend is not worth your time because they're not romantically interested in you is a bit immature, bitter, and spiteful. I'd hope OP is above that.

And maybe the guy OP is in love with just didn't know what to say and wanted to cool the situation down. I would feel really uncomfortable too being in this situation and I would probably also say something stupid!

At least now you know you have an extra brother. Better luck next time.

I guess that's the way some brothers treat their sisters. Better luck next time OP.

I see literally nothing wrong with the way he treated her

I don't either. I was J O K I N G. :)

OneLittleAdditio 9

Had a relationship with a guy I knew half my life. it ended bad now we dont talk. sometimes its better to look beyond our circle of friends...

ask him to take a trip to the south with you...the deep south

TVKill3r 15

More so along the lines of he would rather keep her as a friend. Some guys aren't sex seeking pigs you know.

loti18 8

I've been there too. It sucks at first but after a while I realised I'd rather be friends than have no contact at all. It will get better :)

Well at least he was honest with you, although he could have refrained from saying "Better luck next time", that was an unnecessary jab.

Axel5238 29

This is why a lot of guys and guys are single. The girl either doesn't want to say anything and the guy might not have any clue or in some cases the girl expects the guy to make the first move. If your interested show it. They might be willing but not have a clue.

This is why I would never tell a guy I like him, I couldn't deal with that sort of horrible rejection.

I guess you will be a forever alone then.

Inciter 33

If you never tell someone how you feel, you risk being alone forever. Wouldn't it be more painful to be alone than to face the possibility of rejection?

BellaBelle_fml 23

It's always better to ask and get a no, than not ask and might have gotten a yes.