By Anonymous - 29/02/2016 22:56 - United States - San Bruno

Today, I hung out with some old friends for the first time since losing about 50 pounds, going from clinically obese to a healthy weight. I even bought a cute new dress for the occasion to show off my new body. No one noticed the change. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 775
You deserved it 2 418

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who cares? You did it for yourself, and as long as you feel happy, that's really all that matters.

Don't be so down. Maybe they forgot? I'm not helping, but congrats on the weight loss!!

Comments

You may need to find some better friends. Congrats on the weight loss. :)

Dropping 50 pounds doesn't make you a healthy weight if you were clinically obese.

Like 5 other comments have already pointed out, it's very possible for that to be the difference between "normal" and "obese" on the BMI scale.

I lost over 100 pounds 3 months ago and people are just now noticing

You don't go from clinically obese to a healthy weight after just 50 pounds. You're still over weight. And if you're clinically obese then that's probably why they didn't notice you losing only 50 pounds. Seems like a lot to you but doesn't show when you weigh that much. But this is starting to sound negative and I don't want it to. I'm very happy you lost 50 pounds! Next goal should be 100 and then keep going until you're happy with your weight. Then the hard part will be maintaining lol good luck OP!

As others have said, it's definitely possible. I'm 5'4", and after my last child, I weighed 190 - anything over 180 is a high enough BMI to be considered obese. My healthy weight range would be 130-140. If she is also about my height and went from 185ish to 135ish, her story is holds up. And even if it's not true, losing 50 pounds is a huge accomplishment. I've lost 25 so far, and it's taken months and a lot of work. It would suck for no one to notice that kind of effort.

ndnpride88 25

Why do you need their approval for you to feel better about yourself? You worked hard and you earned that success yourself. Who cares if they didn't notice. It what you think and believe that matters. GO YOU!

Maybe they never cared about what size you were, and just liked you as a person. Sometimes not saying anything is a good thing too. They're nice friends!

That's awesome and I'd see that as a good thing. The fact they didn't feel the need to point it out means they're your friends because of who you are, not because of what you look like :)

Boobookittyf96 10

congratulations! but maybe they didn't want to say anything to be rude or wrong?

They probably did notice but didn't want to bring it up unless you did

TMO2142 25

friends dont judge on looks OP