By Atletic - 30/11/2012 07:30 - United States - Syracuse

Today, I have three cracked ribs. I have also, for the first time in my life, developed a case of the hiccups that simply will NOT go away. It's been hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 082
You deserved it 1 782

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Have someone show you the medical bills, that should scare you.

Stand on your head. Jump up and down. Burp. Drink Ginger Ale. Hold your breath. Get scared. Drink water. Juggle. Yell. Breathe through your mouth. ...and by the time you've read through all of these stupid, inane remedies, you would've forgotten to hiccup. You're welcome.

Comments

Have someone try to scare you, it's cheaper than medical bills.

Have someone show you the medical bills, that should scare you.

OP's hiccup stopped when he saw his FML posted, happy surprise.

I just put some water in my mouth and keep the water in my mouth and hold my breath as long as I can then drink the water right after.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

I always would hold my breathe for 10 seconds, drink a cup of water while my face is turned upwards, and finish it off by saying white horse. It seems to always work.

CoolRainbowdash 15
RedPillSucks 31

This is worse than annoying. Hiccups with broken ribs is downright painful. It's worse if you happen to be trying to sleep.

X_Codes 11

The hiccups may actually be an involuntary reaction to the broken ribs, so it's like some nasty, negative feedback loop.

Have someone plug your ears while you drink a glass of water. Works every time..

Hopefully they gave you some sort of pain medication for those ribs. Maybe that'll take the edge from the hiccups off? Sorry for you luck OP.

My friend broke his ribs playing rugby (hairline fracture) and he got pain medicine (he was trying to rub it in my face). So I would think op would have some, if not, and op doesn't play a sport that drug tests he/she could probably just smoke some weed (that usually gets rid of mine).

Sip water in little gulps often, I find that usually helps me... I would say get someone to scare you... Not sure if that's feasible?

hiccup is not correlated to your cracked ribs and it'll disappear soon. just don't think about it.

KY_Jelly 10

I get hiccups that won't go away no matter what I try. Just relaxing your whole body, and trying to ignore the pain might make them go away faster.

Actually, I've heard that they don't know what really causes hiccups, or how to 'cure' them...

badbaby_87 5

I hold my mouth and nose shut for 10 long seconds! It works for me!