By Mr_Jah - 04/07/2016 20:33 - United States - Boerne

Today, I got offered a free $80 salon haircut by a girl I've liked for awhile. Thinking this was my chance to get close to her, I accepted, only to find out it was for a class her boyfriend was teaching. He was the one cutting my hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 488
You deserved it 2 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you've liked her for a while, wouldn't you know she already had a boyfriend?

Well, at least you got a free haircut out of it.

Comments

If you've liked her for a while, wouldn't you know she already had a boyfriend?

And if you did know, this is absolutely a YDI.

More like he didn't even deserve the haircut.

She may have never mentioned it, have lead him on or what ever.

Could have been a recent boyfriend of a few days/weeks.

It's just a crush, he might not actually know her that well. He's probably only had a few basic conversations with her.

Leading him on doesn't seem likely since she kinda set the situation up where op found out. It sounds more like op didn't know her too well

He probably doesn't know her all that well. Probably had like two conversations and he's all "ILY"

#40 Either that or OP's been creeping her out and this was her way of subtly saying "Look, I have a boyfriend!! Leave me alone please"

I had a similiar case where I liked a girl. And yes I did get to know her, however I never thought she had a boyfriend. She didn't really pry it into my face or make it seem like she had one. So its possible not to see it coming.

Well, at least you got a free haircut out of it.

It may not have been such a nice haircut had the boyfriend known...

tounces7 27

He's teaching the class. I Doubt he's going to screw up someone's hair in front of all his students.

"Okay class, here's how you dye someone's hair purple." No need to screw up.

There are $80 haircuts for guys these days? News to me

Goblin182 26

My wife is a hairdresser and cuts my hair. I am paying way more than $80.00 for my haircuts. But they do come with free sex, so . . .

I pay 35 and that's with a tip at a barber, but that's also with a beard trim as well.

A normal cut with beard trim costs me $33 including tip. Most I've ever paid was around $55, which included shampoo, styling, etc, and I gave a more generous tip bc it was around Christmas. Not gonna pay $80 on the regular. I'll cut it myself if it comes to that.

That's why I always have your wife cut my hair too.

nesteremily 31

They usually charge $80?? That better come with a puppy. But hey, at least you got a free haircut OP.

Get a puppy with a hair cut? Love the idea.

At least you now know what an $80 haircut feels like. I doubt many men know.

ah yes the hairdresser crush. been there, i was her model for her final examination and she did very well xD

Not being rude, but she has a boyfriend - Forget about it and move on. Plus $80 (which is like €72) for a haircut?!! Your's must be super long or it's a very fancy place! My mother is a hairdresser and charges €10 (about $17) for a wash, cut and blowdry!

€10,- is really cheap though. Most hairdressers I know start at €18,-

OP would have been fine with just the blow-dry.

I agree 1p is very cheap, for a standard cut wash and blow dry here in NL it's about 35 to 60 €

#16 #36 she works from home by herself so she charges whatever she likes, not too expensive though because she does hairs of people who have been going to her the past 20 years! In a salon here it can be between €10-€40 depending on where you go to get it done and the length. I've only started paying for hairdressers when I moved away from home, so it was a shock to the system!

I'll never understand expensive haircuts, but maybe that's more because my hair grows really fast. Anyway, you got it for free! And if you liked her for a while, how did you not know she was in a relationship?

well, you get pampered, this place I go to. the washroom is actually a bed length ben with pillows so you're laying down when they wash your hair. you get a great scalp massage, and they use great products. they also have a small drinks and snack menu for while you're waiting, and then they log in the cut that's been made and the coloring mix they used. if you don't color it's only 40€