By CoalRose - 11/07/2015 07:56 - United States

Today, I got a nose piercing. I was asleep at the time in my backyard, and the piercer was a snake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 709
You deserved it 2 971

CoalRose tells us more.

Hey guys! OP here. Wasn't expecting this to post, so this was a pleasant surprise! Just made an account to give the follow up. :) The weather was really nice so I had decided to go out in the back to read and get some sun. Somewhere between reading and laying down I fell asleep. I'm not sure what really happened, but I'm assuming I startled it with a snore or batted at it in my sleep, because the next think I knew I woke up with searing pain in my nose and staring face to face with a snake. I'm fine, luckily, as the snake was just your household garden/garter snake! Unfortunately the piercing, bite, whatever you would like to call it is too off center to wear. :( But yeah! All your comments & puns have been his hilarious so far.

Top comments

You'd be so screwed if you were in Australia...

Comments

sailorkristina 11

organic piercing is going to be the next new thing.. i can feel it

Snake bites are meant for your bottom lip not your nose...

yes im sure op knows that, but op cant help where the snake decided to bite her!

for me, this totally justifies my crippling fear of snakes.

Can I bring my 9 foot boa to your house then?

Attacksloth 33

Why am I picturing some snake wearing a fedora with hipster glasses, saying: "Oh man, this'll look fabulous. She'll so love me for this." And after he finishes he goes back and drinks his mouse tail latte.

YES! Can they illustrate this based on your comment?

Nope! Just managed to fall asleep reading a book at the wrong place at the wrong time. :(

Hey guys! OP here. Wasn't expecting this to post, so this was a pleasant surprise! Just made an account to give the follow up. :) The weather was really nice so I had decided to go out in the back to read and get some sun. Somewhere between reading and laying down I fell asleep. I'm not sure what really happened, but I'm assuming I startled it with a snore or batted at it in my sleep, because the next think I knew I woke up with searing pain in my nose and staring face to face with a snake. I'm fine, luckily, as the snake was just your household garden/garter snake! Unfortunately the piercing, bite, whatever you would like to call it is too off center to wear. :( But yeah! All your comments & puns have been his hilarious so far.

Hey he smells with his tongue and you smell with your nose so it was an Eskimo kiss.

Garter snakes don't have any teeth to speak of so I don't see how it pierced your skin? They only have very tiny teeth as they mainly eat fish or amphibians.

im pretty sure all snakes have teeth... theyre not all venomous though, most the bite will do is itch badly

ruthi666 23

Garter snakes actually have quite large teeth relative to their size. If it was large enough (it's possible for them to reach 5ft but rare) and struck hard enough, it probably could pierce the skin. Some species also have a mild neurotoxin that would only irritate a human.

I feel your pain. I had a garter latch onto my finger once.

I had a 3ft garter snake as a pet for 4 years. It had tiny teeth and bit me once or twice, not even drawing blood. Perhaps it was a different type of garter snake? I know you have a few different kinds in the us.

If this happened recently, please keep an eye on it! Garter snakes aren't venomous enough to cause any harm (apparently new studies have shown they do produce a mild neurotoxin. I love science!), but their bites can turn nasty and get infected very easily.

If the snake bites you on the lip... Does it count as lip kiss