By Anonymous - 15/04/2013 02:11 - United States

Today, I found out that my girlfriend chooses extra shifts at work over hanging out with me. Every time. She doesn't even like her job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 436
You deserved it 6 260

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe she just has a good work ethic and could use the money?

Comments

Maybe you should try to be more, I don't know, appealing?

Why is she even with you then? Sorry OP, its never alright to feel rejected in a relationship. If she doesn't even want to hang out with you, you should go ahead and dump her :(

In this economy, sometimes you have to choose an extra shift over a night off because that could be the difference between having enough money to pay your bills or not. It doesn't necessarily mean that OP secretly doesn't want to be with her boyfriend.

Or maybe, he just got him self a lousy girlfriend..?

Have you tried confronting the situation? Maybe there's a hidden problem that needs to be talked over :s

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Well, I was thinking that maybe OP is actually misunderstanding. It's probably not that she doesn't WANT to hang out with him, but she NEEDS the money she gets from working extra shifts. I know this summer at my movie theater job I'm going to be working close to 5 days a week most every week. She's probably just saving and investing her money, and if that's all it is, OP would do well to stay with someone who can actually manage their finances properly.

Dump her and go find a new girlfriend.

If she goes out of her way to avoid being with him, do they actually even have a "boyfriend/girlfriend" relationship?

Atchoo 8

You say "girlfriend," but does she or has she ever used a similar term to refer to you?

zilla52 12
Wizardo 33

And you still call her your girlfriend dude, dump her and move on asap.

She could be trying to save up to buy OP something nice.

Or maybe you Guys spend a little to much Time together & she needs some Space?