By firebombtimEFUCKERS - 29/09/2012 16:32 - United States

Today, I finally managed to sleep, after two days of being kept awake by the miniature floodlights my neighbors have installed to scare off burglars. Only a couple of hours into my sleep, I woke up to the sound of their car being broken into. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 442
You deserved it 1 722

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xCrazyMexican 4

Hey op here's a tip for the lights put a sheet up over the window to block out the light. Hope you get some sleep soon.

Watt's the big deal? You don't sound very bright to me. Let me shed some light on the situation - hang some blackout shades and wear ear plugs.

Comments

xCrazyMexican 4

Hey op here's a tip for the lights put a sheet up over the window to block out the light. Hope you get some sleep soon.

That's what I did when my neighbors had bright lights. Anyway, despite being woken up, this actually kind of seems like a win for the OP.

I sleep during the day due to working overnights. Sheets won't do crap but you can buy black out curtains which work great.

xCrazyMexican 4

Thanks 14 I was actually imaging something like that in my mind a dark sheet or cloth of sorts

xCrazyMexican 4

Was I the only one who went up and looked for 14's comment ?

63 - your profile says you're 21. Either way you may have got the FML which seems to be a feat but you've totally missed the point

A large sheet of construction paper, or aluminum foil in the windows; one of the best temporary fixes I've found.

A burglar saw the floodlight and thought "Challenge Accepted!"

^ lol or the burglars were other annoyed neighbors.

OP isn't the only one who deserves to be on FML for this...poor neighbors.

41 - your a complete DUMBASS. OP has been restless for THREE nights, and you think the neighbors should be on FML?

42- You're* You should really learn the difference before calling someone a dumbass.

42, I never said OP wasn't suffering. But before you call me a dumbass, read the Post again. It was the NEIGHBORS' car that got broken into, even after all the money they spent to prevent that exact thing from happening!

BunchieRules 31

Well, 42 doesn't seem very bright, does he?

42 seems to be the floodlight that didn't work

Well, at least you got some sleep? Sorry, that really stinks. :/ (I know, typical comment. Sorry, fellow commenters.)

Come on 3, you should've tried to put a little more soul into that comment.

KiddNYC1O 20

You know, you're not sentenced to hit SEND... :P

RadioDeeJayy_ 6

F your neighbor's life, OP. Thankfully it wasn't your car!

So why is he breaking into his neighbor's car? Is he wording it like this because he's schizophrenic?

Those lights can be bothersome. Perhaps wear a sleeping mask and ear plugs.

amandajlucas2015 2

That's Wut I did when my college roommate would stay up till five o clock in the morning with the lights on and I had class at 8 I just bought a mask it worked great couldn't see a thing!

Watt's the big deal? You don't sound very bright to me. Let me shed some light on the situation - hang some blackout shades and wear ear plugs.

Perhaps if Edison were here he'd have a more direct solution.

You've noticed that too, 21? I'm getting worried!

Don't be alarmed by your lack of sleep; brighter times are sure to come about!

feldco1 17

Maybe invest in some better windows coverage? Hope you get some sleep soon!

Stupid burglars creating reason to keep neighbors awake.

Got em! This situation blows for both you and your neighbors.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I've never really understood putting lights up to "scare off burglars." I guess that would work if someone was looking so they could see what they were doing and call the cops, but what if it's 3 in the morning and no one is watching? You're just giving the burglar light to see in.

Well, if they're bright enough, people like the OP are watching.

There's a better chance of getting caught if your lit up. @ 3am its unlikely but if i was a burglar i would steal shit from the pitch black cars than the ones in lit up areas.