By I hate my job - 08/06/2013 22:20 - United States

Today, at work, a customer came in and ordered a "Butterbeer Frappuccino." When I said we serve no such thing, she yelled at me for "lying" to her, saying she knew about our "secret menu." She ended up complaining to my manager and demanded that he fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 907
You deserved it 4 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'll take a polyjuice potion and a blueberry muffin.

You're such a muggle. The secret menu is only visible to wizards and witches.

Comments

I'll take a polyjuice potion and a blueberry muffin.

And I'd like some No Melt Ice Cream.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#27: I think you need to be cut off. You seem to have had a bit too much butterbeer already.

KVKdragon 26

Screw the polyjuice potion. I don't need to go through that much pain just for an hour of shapeshifting. I'll take a hot chocolate with extra caramel & Felix Felicis mixed in and a pack of chocolate-covered graham crackers to go (I have allergies to eggs, so no muffins and other baked goods for me) :D

#68 i hear ya! but i think you got the wrong lore... ;)

@83, yeah, i noticed after i posted that we were following a certain trend

MrSarcasmic 10

Harry potter fan:1 barista:0

BamBarBiYaKergud 2

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I would like a fire whiskey frapachino. Add shot.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#107- I worked at a movie theater last summer and I can assure you that the customer is actually very rarely right.

RocketNinjaFish 12

68: Oh no! You broke the chain! I hereby sentence you to an arrow in the knee.

Missyeru 14

But the customer is right. It's a cream frapp base (whole milk) 3 pumps of caramel syrup, 3 pumps of toffee nut syrup and caramel drizzle...

Should of gave the customer the website for Island of Adventure's Wizarding World of Harry Potter, where they serve butterbeer lol

Could I please get a bottle of Firewhiskey with a side of sherbert lemons?

imtooshy 18

Hope your boss set the idiot straight?!

The idiot bosses I had in 'hospitality' probably WOULD have fired me. That's how stupid they were.

I always thought Starbucks had "secret menus" never tried it but I'm an idiot too then.

Yeaaah, Starbucks does. Not sure if it's for all places but I know the one where I live has a cotton candy drink and an orange drink not on the menu. They're pretty yummy stuff c:

LOVELIVELAUG 4

YES DEFINITELY AN IDIOT YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. HOW RUDE!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT- Anchorman reference

130 - Who's "Anchorman reference"? They sound like a great person.

Actually, the cotton candy frappuccino is no secret. It's quite popular, and is just a vanilla bean frapp with a shot of raspberry.

The secret menu is created by strabucks fanatics, it isn't something that they try to hide from customers.

Some customers are just pricks, hope the manager didnt fire you :)

rabies_suck 4

I've heared of such a thing, but you are not supposed to order a "butterbeer frappachino" but rather a original frappachino with added syrups. Anyways FYL

Bobskittens1 12

People will believe anything they read on the Internet! There is a "Starbucks Secret Menu" but it's not a real menu! It's just ways to make things taste more unique. Like 4 said, FYL.

Bobskittens1 12

Oops! My phone messed up and posted twice! Sorry

I've had the "Cakebatter" Frappuccino before. Vanilla Bean with hazel nut syrup. It's really good!

Sometimes the employees do make things that aren't on the menu for themselves in their down time. You usually have to know someone that works there to get it though.

Or you can show them the recepie if you have it written down or on your phone and they'll make it. I tried it once and I ordered the Butterbeer Frapp. It was really good! :)

The butterbeer frap is really good. I tweaked it a little from the original though. A veinte creme frap base-made skinny with 7 pumps caramel and 5 pumps toffee nut. It's great.

SirTalkaton 22

Lying is unforgivable. Avada Kedavra!

Did you solemnly swear that you are up to no good?

You're such a muggle. The secret menu is only visible to wizards and witches.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

why don't you learn some decent grammar?

30- It's a reference to an Internet meme. He did it on purpose.

Don't even pretend you don't know about the secret menu. I come in all the time and order the butterbeer frappuccino.

x4everinureyes 6

Starbucks partners are all aware of the secret menu shit but don't know what goes in these ridiculous made up drinks.

websphere69 27

the first rule of starbucks secret menu is you don't talk about the secret menu...

Songokuu9000 8

Its only at certain locations

bamagrl410 31

Every Starbucks has a "secret menu". It consists of drinks that employees make & perfect in their downtime, so each location will typically have a few differences. OP must have been a new employee who hadn't learned all the tricks to the trade yet. Go to starbucks secret menu . net On a side note, if you like espresso I suggest trying an undertow to start your day.

Well actually, you can get something like that, from what I've heard. When people order a coffee with butterscotch and caramel, or something like that, they colloquially call it "butter beer". She didn't need to freak out like that, but she wasn't wrong.

Look it up. http://starbuckssecretmenu.net/starbucks-secret-menu-butterbeer-frappuccino/

KVKdragon 26

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Because #39 not all coffee shops have the same syrups and flavorings that a Starbucks would have...and the opposite is true also.

It's not a SECRET MENU. Its just drinks with a shit ton of different syrups. The baristas aren't taught them so if you want to order a 'secret drink,' know the recipe! This is in no way OP's fault