By Anonymous - 22/03/2014 17:31 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, at a family gathering, it emerged that my now ex-fiancé has been sleeping with his brother's girlfriend for some time now. A fight broke out, the police were called, and more than one of his relatives are blaming me for him cheating with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 603
You deserved it 3 602

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YellowKettleBell 31

How can it possibly be your fault?

Well at this point you're not involved with the family anymore, so who gives a crap?

Comments

A true fml. I feel horrible for you but happy to see some real fml's instead of like "today my phone died FML". Those people sound like really ignorant trash if they somehow blamed you that's just unfathomable.

Maybe it's tradition in their family to blame people for breathing?

"It's YOU'RE fault he cheated, bitch!!!" People like that are one reason I want to leave this planet.

Sorry about that. I normally don't make mistakes like that, but you're right. "Your" should've been used in that statement.

Why were you at the family gathering if he is your ex anyway???? Totally not your fault about the cheating though.

tayymeds 23

She was engaged to him still when they went to the gathering and the affair was discovered while they were there.

She was his fiancee when she went. She found out he was cheating with his brother's girlfriend. She dumped cheating schmuckbreath to the curb. His family blames her and not the guy for cheating or the girl who was boinking her boyfriend's brother. OP, you are well rid of this fistful of assholes.

Walk awaaaay from that family and don't look back.

tayymeds 23

Think of it it this way, you just dodged a bullet, a whole lot of bullets actually.

Well he's your ex now, don't let his relatives's opinions bother you. His entire family is clearly wacko. I'm sure eventually you'll be glad you're out. I'm so sorry, though, and I'm sure you'll find the perfect somebody.

blueboy154 12

It's not your fault. They need to relax

Geometric 18

I think that more than one of his relatives have a defect in their logic gene. At least you don't have to interact with him or them anymore.