By Anonymous - 05/11/2010 05:05 - United States

Today, after getting an expensive haircut, I showed it to my boyfriend. Instead of saying, "Wow, those bangs look great on you" he said, "Wow, you look really good when you don't show your forehead." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 593
You deserved it 4 742

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mayulily 0

maybe you have a wide forehead? I dunno I know some people who look weird without bangs :)

Comments

mayulily 0

maybe you have a wide forehead? I dunno I know some people who look weird without bangs :)

SoundnVasion 0

geez, maybe he likes you better with bangs! god, I'm so sick of girls who can't take compliments and who are so insecure that when their boyfriends compliment them, they automatically turn it into an insult! he's saying you look good! god, stop whining so much and be happy he thinks you're pretty! he gave you a compliment, don't be stuck up about it. Jesus.

Yeah, I'm thinking not. That's just like looking at a cougar and saying, "Back in your day, I bet you were pretty hot!"

C-C-C-CHAIN BREAKER!!!!!!! I bet you all hate me now.

It doesn't even mean that her boyfriend thinks there's something wrong with her forehead, he just prefers the look of the bangs covering it. I prefer my hair to cover my ears, but that doesn't mean I hate them. The OP is a whiny bitch. The definition of a "compliment fisher". She even included in the FML the predicted compliment she thought she was going to get, and then posts on Fmylife when he gives her a different compliment which wasn't even backhanded.

83, if I'm not mistaken it's c-c-combo breaker, not chain.

i'm sorry, but you can't telegraph an answer from your boyfriend. anyway, sucks that he responded like that. >< |the kid|

Oh, shush, OP. You got some sort of a compliment. Stop crying about it. It's better than having no compliment at all!

mintcar 9

Quitcherbitchin' OP. Not that big of a deal.

No, I already told all of you. It's ovulating penguins.

TaylorTotsYumm 10

Wrong again. It's orgasmic peanuts.

OP = original poster (or some reasonable facsimile, depending on who you ask). and seriously...he's a guy. half of us don't even know the correct terminology for different parts of a haircut. I'm pretty sure he was just trying to give you a compliment. you could quit doing that crazy female thing were you read a novel into every sentence out of your bf's mouth...and just take the compliment bitch.

i_smell_failure 0

No. Bangs are for people with big foreheads like OP and me!

#7 ...What? Plenty of adults have bangs. What planet are you from?

hide yo ugly forehead. lol but seriously it's a compliment so don't whinge :)

That was a compliment...? Or at least half of one.

FHL and the life of every other bf whose gf bitches because his compliment isn't worded perfectly. I guess every word out of your mouth is Shakespearian? If you have a bf/husband/whatever that appreciates you for you, finds you attractive in some way, and is fairly honest with you then you should be grateful. Stop picking apart his words because he doesn't sound like a character from Grey's Anatomy (or whatever the devil you women are watching).

True, he complimented OP, but the she's on FML because he was untactful enough to tell her she has an ugly forehead at the same as telling her the haircut looks nice. Lol, guys just don't think about these things, so just take it with a pinch of salt. It's sweet in a way:)

he didn't neccisarily say her forehead was ugly, just that she looks better this way

Actually, my husband would know to say something like "Your new hair cut is hot." Give men some credit. They can be taught!