By Anonyme - 11/08/2012 07:20 - France - La Maxe

Today, a lady came for a death certificate at the city hall reception where I work. Reflexively, I asked if it was for her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 534
You deserved it 151

Top comments

Years after the zombie apocalypse, when societies of the undead are starting to organize, that will be a completely valid question. No shame in being ahead of the curve, OP.

Comments

oj101 33

I would've responded 'yes, I rose out of the grave to sort out paperwork and spook people'

Years after the zombie apocalypse, when societies of the undead are starting to organize, that will be a completely valid question. No shame in being ahead of the curve, OP.

Reflexicly? Only the one form is for someone else in your department I take it, seeing as you were equally aware as a drive thru service worker (where zoning out is almost mandatory becuase monotany) or else you deserve the 'What?' stare you got.

Faking your own death is a great scam, but you should demand a kickback for helping her scheme succeed.

I want to know why that was a reflex action. Surely that's not a regular occurrence

Maybe it's from an other job? That's all I can think of.

If she works in a department that handles records like death certificates, she probably also deals in other official documents that are regularly sought by the person they pertain to (e.g., birth certificate, ID card)

Because OP talks to dead bodies, so it's a reflex to ask if they're dead.

grammarsnail 21

Today, I went to the city hall reception and asked for a death certificate for my mother. The person there asked if it was for me. FML

As Bill Engvall would say, Here's your sign.

Hey, you never know. You could be the one to accidentally bring vampires out of the coffin.