That went well

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff

Today, I tried to stage an intervention for a friend who abuses drugs. I ended up with my hair on fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 959
You deserved it 4 359

Top comments

Lesson for today: Don't try to change someone who has quick access to a lighter.

That's just so wrong that your friend abuses drugs. What did the drugs ever do to him/her that makes it ok to beat them?

Comments

Lesson for today: Don't try to change someone who has quick access to a lighter.

Or you should arm yourself - tit for tat, baby!

OP should just cool his head and take baby steps for his friend.

I've got a better idea. OP should change their name to the Human Torch.

Being honest, that's actually pretty hot.

incoherentrmblr 21

Now fire is funny... But a flaming clown... Is not funny...

That's just so wrong that your friend abuses drugs. What did the drugs ever do to him/her that makes it ok to beat them?

But what if the drugs deserve to be beaten?

When did they ever say that they were going to beat their friend?

FMLusername969 21

Umm. Read it more carefully. It's funny.

AurumPotestasEst 16

Is it physical abuse or is it more psychological?

Teddzz 19

Better tell that friend your didn't catch fire for nothing.

Maybe you should just hire a person who does this for a living. So then you get to keep all your hair and your friend might also benefit!

I know the economy is bad these days. But having my hair on fire was never on my potential jobs list :/

dragoongirl90 34
mind_geek 15

No brother, they expect one in the wreckage.

Its a shame when you have a friend that abuses drugs. Its sad to see them addicted and against stopping. Hopefully you can get more help for them before they do something stupid to themselves.

Or someone else ... like OP, for example? ;)

In my personal experience, interventions that don't involve professional help or support rarely work. But I can understand your concern for your friend.

Sounds like your friend might need a dose of anger management to go with their rehab

meli1195 31

they might not have anger issues. some people that ate addicts will do anything to keep getting drugs because addiction does that to you. makes you prioritize drugs above all else