Stand up dude

By U…… - 24/08/2023 00:02

Today, my boyfriend said he was exhausted, and asked if I could watch our baby while he grabbed a nap. I told him to man the fuck up and deal with it. Later, he slipped out, and won't answer his phone. I have no idea where he is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 215
You deserved it 1 780

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don’t get me wrong, he should definitely not have run off with zero word of where he was and if or when he would be back. But was he right that he was exhausted? Had/has he been doing the bulk of the childcare/housework/labor recently where this was just the final straw? Could he have been sick or just hadn’t slept well last night so a nap would have actually helped him health-wise? And was it absolutely necessary to swear at him when evidently he was already spread thin?

Comments

Don’t get me wrong, he should definitely not have run off with zero word of where he was and if or when he would be back. But was he right that he was exhausted? Had/has he been doing the bulk of the childcare/housework/labor recently where this was just the final straw? Could he have been sick or just hadn’t slept well last night so a nap would have actually helped him health-wise? And was it absolutely necessary to swear at him when evidently he was already spread thin?

She clearly doesn't give a damn about him, why should he update her about his location?

katmidoriya 3

You deserve that. Like would it ******* kill your to watch YOUR child while he takes a small nap? that poor man

Fun fact : telling to someone to man up never actually solved any physical or psychology problem. You deserved it.

I need more context; who was watching the baby all day that day? You still shouldn't have said that to him.

Challenging him to "man up" made him think "dealing with babies is for the womenfolk." Men helping with babies is a relatively new concept among **** sapiens.

lalalaila777 24

he probably left to get some sleep, and isn't answering because he is tired as ****. if you needed a nap or help with the baby, would you not ask for help? your lack of consideration and rude words are disrespectful to someone you are raising a child with, you should rethink how rude you treat people if you don't know how to handle someone being rude to you.

Nobody wants to be treated with toxic masculinity from a misogynist 🤦‍♂️ you have alot of apologizing to do to him.

We need more info here. Does he help with the baby at all? Does he deal with most if not all of the baby duties while you tend to other things (be it a job, housework, or personal time)? Have you asked for a break and been given one? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you deserve him leaving like that. Your reaction was completely uncalled for. Now, if he was exhausted from doing absolutely nothing, it was warranted. We need to know why he was so exhausted and if he's pulling his weight with this baby. Same with you, for that matter.