Piss off

By Anonymous - 25/05/2023 21:00 - United Kingdom

Today, my horrible parents turned up to the restaurant I work at just to mess with me. Dad forgot his wallet, what a surprise, and asked me to pay the bill. I refused so my manager got involved. My dad got arrested, I got fired and might lose my lousy flat if I’m late on the rent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 035
You deserved it 1 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Whoa, what? You did your job perfectly from the sound of things, and it’s not your fault you’re related to a bunch of grade-a free-range shitheads, nor did you invite them.

Why would you get fired?? Being related to them doesn’t make you responsible for their actions

Comments

Whoa, what? You did your job perfectly from the sound of things, and it’s not your fault you’re related to a bunch of grade-a free-range shitheads, nor did you invite them.

Wow, I can't imagine what your relationship must be like with your parents. Any of my close friends or family would cover a random expense if asked without a moment of hesitation.

Why would you get fired?? Being related to them doesn’t make you responsible for their actions

Definitely sounds like more went down than what was described. A lot more. Getting fired isn't that easy, generally, on the European side of the pond.

Based on the lack of information about why you got fired, I'd say YDI.

You should NOT have gotten fired for that. Whether they were your parents or strangers, it's not your fault or responsibility if someone forgets their wallet. And it's quite obvious that you didn't invite them to your place of employment, so it's not like you were involved other than having the unfortunate task of waiting their table. I'd fight the termination.