Herpes goes to Monaco

By amethyst334 - 24/08/2021 18:01

Spicy
Today, after receiving a negative herpes test four months ago, my doctor called me and told me it was a false negative and I’ve been living with herpes for four months. I then had to tell everyone I’ve slept with about it, and worst of all my new boyfriend broke up with me. All in one day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 399
You deserved it 557

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn how many people did you sleep with in 4 months?

Since she might not know who she contracted it from, she most likely needs to tell people she slept with from previous to 4 months ago. However, anyone she has slept with within the past 4 months would have been a harder conversation because it was 100% guarantee that they slept with someone with an std, and some people can really react poorly to that information.

Comments

Damn how many people did you sleep with in 4 months?

I don't think Mike misunderstood. He's just being a judgmental prick.

No I am curious because the lady said she had to tell everyone she slept with for the past 4 months. After re-reading it, I am still confused if she only had to tell people from 4 months ago or if she had to tell people from prior to 4 months to me, I don’t know. I’m not being judgmental, just the way I am reading it, it seems like she has slept with a lot of people in the past 4 months, the way it is written to me. If I am misreading it, sorry for the confusion.

Since she might not know who she contracted it from, she most likely needs to tell people she slept with from previous to 4 months ago. However, anyone she has slept with within the past 4 months would have been a harder conversation because it was 100% guarantee that they slept with someone with an std, and some people can really react poorly to that information.

Jon Tessler 14

do you react better or worse depending on the number of people she slept with is higher or lower? "**** shaming" the OP is a bad look on your part.

Reading comprehension test results: - TwoBytesCarley: 1 - Mike: 0

And if she did, is that a problem? (And before you say “it clearly is since she got an STI,” she could have easily gotten that from her first partner and not known until now).

You don't need to tell them. The person that gave it to you didn't tell you, right? Let all the people who boned you find out the old-fashioned way.

Almost the entire human population has a form of HSV so you'll get use to it and find someone who won't care and understands.

Jon Tessler 14

OP, sorry you got Herpes, but a lot of people have it, and while it is contagious, it's not that big of a deal, if you watch for outbreaks. sorry your BF broke up with you, that is not supportive of him, and you can use the support.

you're only contagious when you're active. just FYI.

randybryant799 20

Damn. How many people have you slept with in 4 months???