But I'm a man

By moneyman - 05/01/2020 20:00

Today, I went on a date with a beautiful woman I had recently met. Great food, great conversation, and a great connection. That is, until she revealed that she is a lesbian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 134
You deserved it 342

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If she's really a lesbian, then why did she agree to go out on a date with you in the first place? Did she misunderstand and think that you were just hanging out as friends? Did you say something offensive so that she said that she's lesbian in order to ensure that you will not pursue her romantically any further? It sounds like there's more to this story than you know (or more than you're telling us).

Comments

PhantomCrevan 8

Nope, abort mission, abort mission. A disbelief in something that basic implies some worrisome things about her or her family. End the date, the relationship, and run the other way.

Don't move past it. If she doesn't accept reality, that's on her. If you choose to join her, that and the consequences are on you.

You can tell by the dates of the comments they were meant for a different FML post.

This was a different FML when it was posted. I think the woman was a creationist or antivaxxer, but it was over two years ago.

If she's really a lesbian, then why did she agree to go out on a date with you in the first place? Did she misunderstand and think that you were just hanging out as friends? Did you say something offensive so that she said that she's lesbian in order to ensure that you will not pursue her romantically any further? It sounds like there's more to this story than you know (or more than you're telling us).

I feel like we need a little more info but based on what you wrote. 1. She just thought you were hanging out and she didn’t think it was a date. And then realized that you thought it was a date so she told you she was gay. 2. The date was so bad that she told you she was gay so you wouldn’t ask her out again. Hopefully it was the first one. But if it was the second one she could have been honest just said this isn’t working out, let’s just be friends.

Mungolikecandy 19

Why would she even go on a date with you if she was a lesbian?

bobsanction 18

Did she know you were a man?

guessing she's trying to find a way to say "this isn't working for me" and/or she's just a straight-up b!tch